RAND SHOW 2015
Getting back to the Nostalgic Experience You Remember but with a twist from the future
“Escape the ordinary. Rediscover the Rand Show”
These are highlights that stood out, and a lot of what you were looking for.
P.S. see downloads below for more
- The Rand Show Operates Fully Despite Load Shedding
- The Rand Show is now 121 years old and is refocusing on Technology and Innovation like days of old.. Discover the Transformer like Parabot – see this 10m Metal Hunk Live on display with interaction – ( I don’t get impressed easily, but This is truly amazing!
- Manufacturing Innovations.. A bed designed by Nasa launched exclusively at the Rand Show
- Science – Naked Scientist, 2 Great South African Scientist showing kids and adults live experiments, Eskom Expo of Young Scientists
- Working Robots made by teens, S.A. Solar Challenge, university of Johannesburg Solar Car, Experilab, The Famous Square Kilometre Array
- Exciting New Rides Imported From Italy
- Value for Money on Weekdays (Cheaper Ticket Prices!)
- For Drumming Fans – Drumming Workshop with Ghapi, competitions and 2 Professional Drumming Kits up for grabs
- Animal Kingdom – Dog Shows, Snake Bite Jones, Bird Shows, Reptile Shows, Petting Farm, Mobile Zoo
- F1 Simulation Car, Historic Racing Cars, Street Rods, Bikes, Classic American V8, Modified Street Cars, Drag Cars, Drifting
- Free Fall Bag Jump
- Virtual Shopping? No Rand Show Specials there
- SA Chefs Association Cooking, Baking & so much more. S.A’s Cake Boss Paul Viera of Extreme Cakes
- See Live Interactive Displays of S.A.’s Army, Navy and Police Equipment and Technology Advancement, P.S. S.A is amongst the top in the world! Youth are also encouraged to take up careers – this is a major focus.
- Fashion – Make-overs by Hannon, Madelein of Glam Guru, Styling Demo’s by Wake’s Pieter Burger
- Coffee Brewing Techniques
- Hip Hop, Kids Baking, Mini Cricket and many many kiddies activities and entertainment
- Strong Man Competition
- Body Building Competition with fabulous cash prizes and hampers. Take Part – Women & Men – Pro Bods & good looking ones (11 April), Mr Physique, Mr Body Building, Miss Bikini, Miss Toned Bikini
- Petrol Heads, See Adam Ford & Sagie
- Live Entertainment – Dozie, Dawnay, ELVIS impersonator (Tony De King), Blackie Swart, Oom-Pah, Flo, Waterfront Band, Latin-American Band Tona, Gahpi, Boki, Miss Rand Show
- Security – There are measures in place, there’s also army, navy, SAPS, and.. Parabot (lol) – don’t worry this is definitely a safe place!
- Dinosaur Exhibition
Dates: Easter Friday, 3 April, to Sunday, 12 April 2015
Show Hours: Gates open daily at 09h00. Ticket booths and gates close at 18h00.
Show closes at 19h00.
Venue: Johannesburg Expo Centre, Rand Show Road, Nasrec.
(GPS – S26°14.484’ E27°58.510)
A ticket to the Rand Show is your ticket to escaping the ordinary with non-stop entertainment and family fun. For roughly what you’d pay to take the family for a movie and popcorn, you can load up the car and head off to the Rand Show, where an entire day of free top-class entertainment awaits you.
Tickets cost just R100 for adults (through Computicket) or R120 at the gate, and R50 for pensioners over 65. Tickets for teens aged 13–16 cost R50, and kids aged 6–12 pay just R20, while littlies under six enter for free. Mid-week is even better value, with adults paying just R50 at the gate and R60 through Computicket, from 7–10 April. (Parking is R20 per car.)
But the best part is all the great value crammed into every ticket. Your Rand Show ticket gets you access to scores of shows and displays, included at no extra charge.
- All shows in the main arena, including all the explosions and simulated drama of the SANDF capability displays, and the Rand Show National Strongest Man 2015 competition.
- A massive exhibition of impressive military equipment and vehicles from the SANDF.
- Hours of fun on the imported giant inflatables in Pirates Paradise.
- Live science shows across all ten days on the Science & Technology Stage, with the Naked Scientist, the Kalahari Scientist, and Experilab.
- The SA Pro Super Enduro Series, presented by Enduro World, a high-drama extreme
off-road motorcycle race on the 4×4 track.
- The Blackball Premier Leagues Showdown pool competition.
- The World of Motoring display, featuring the multi-million-rand 1950s classic cars from the collection of Kobus Mostert.
- IASCA and the Southside Crew’s Fueled Fanatics Arena, where street racing meets deep bass sound.
- Variety performances on the Spice of Life Stage, including Dozi and SA’s top Elvis impersonator.
- The Rand Show Extreme Bodies 2015 competition, where toned bikini bods and rippling abs are a prerequisite.
- Miss Rand Show 2015.
- The Animal Kingdom, with daily bird and reptile shows presented by Bryan Vorster, Snake Bite Jones, and the Mobile Zoo, and a new and improved petting-zoo experience in the Barnyard.
- The SA Chefs Theatre, with daily cooking demonstrations, presentations, taste-testing and lucky draws.
- Daily crafting workshops featuring crafts such as weaving, vintage chalk painting, making budget gifts, and pewter work.
- Thousands of square metres of contemporary, lifestyle-focused exhibits, with great deals on offer and thousands of rands worth of prizes to be won from exhibitors.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Spins on the drifting track;
- Helicopter rides;
- The fun fair;
- Freefalls off the Freefall Tower;
- Rides on the monorail; and
For everything else though, your Rand Show ticket’s got you covered.
Right Click – Save as – to Download
Rand Show Programme of Events and Map
SA CHEFS ASSOCIATION F1 Simulation Car – Try It outAdam Ford & Sagie – Everything you need to know about cars!Bike Shows & thrillsDinosaur ExpoScience Experiments – Fun Learning for everyoneKFC Mini Cricket – Get over the Protea with a game of younglovesee our Armys capabilities – they have world class equipment